Friday 17 January 2014

Skaven Doom Wheel

You would thought I start by painting the basic models first from the Island of Blood set.  But no, I thought I'll take it easy and start on a Doom Wheel!  I'd never intended to start with this first but I wanted to have an army ready to play a game.  Due to the nature of how the Doom Wheel is assembled it would be difficult to paint once the model is glued together and there was no temporary way to fix the pieces together.  Therefore I made it my task to get this painted and assembled to bring it to my basic army.  

I had spent several hours painting the wooden wheels as I was playing around what colours would suit it and just learning the basic technique. Not the best way to learn painting techniques but like I said I wanted to put this thing together.    It took me some time to understand and know what I wanted and am happy with the worn wooden effect I got.  The next stage was painting the chassis which was more challenging as I wanted a worn bronze look.  

From the pictures this is where I am, though I'm not 100% happy with the bronze look but will have to make do for now.  





The look I wanted for the wheels



Temporarily assembled to see what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment