Sunday 3 January 2016

Guild Balling 2016

I have recently ventured into the world of tabletop gaming and into the world of Guild Ball.  I've always wanted to get into tabletop gaming with Warhammer but never got round to settling down with the rules.  Though back in December I was somehow lured into the world of Guild Ball.  I think I was attracted to the models and wanted to paint couple of them as individual display pieces.  I managed to win an auction from an ebay seller from Spain, quite a good deal for the full Masons and Mortician teams, including the rulebook.

The day I got the models and rulebook, I started flicking through the rules and fluff.  I was intrigued by it all and did more reading via the Steamforge website and FB pages.  I managed to find out two of my local gaming clubs were playing GB, hence that's when I started getting into the tabletop gaming. 

With the two teams I had available I decided to go with the Masons, I think my reason for going with the Masons was the mandrill in the team, Marbles. What a whacky mascot to have, but also a player with good perks that contribute to the team, even in death!

I still need to paint up the full team.  The good thing with Guild Ball is you only need a max of 6 models to play the game, which means you can spend some time on each model.  My colour scheme will be close to the official one.  Also another thing I need to do is creating a goal, which I'm having trouble thinking one up.
 
So far I played couple of intro games and one of the local clubs has a GB pundit who's pretty much whizzed up with the rules. 





No comments:

Post a Comment